Look at me, being all trendy in my overall dress! I actually found this little dress at a garage sale last summer, but only pulled it out of the depths of my closet a couple weeks ago. Does anyone else find that their closets seem to swallow their clothes?
In other news, I was nominated by the lovely Ana from Where the Roses Go
for a Liebster Blog Award. Thanks so much! So here goes nothing!
11 Things About Me
- I’m really into polar explorers! I’m obsessed with Shackleton and feel like I would have been an explorer had I been around back then. I actually volunteered to be part of a recreation of Shackleton’s journey, but for some reason they didn’t pick me, haha.
- I love horse back riding– it keeps me sane!
- Studying abroad in London & Amsterdam last year was the most exciting, and scary, thing I’ve ever done. Now, all I want to do after I graduate is travel the world!
- I’ve broken my ankle three times– once while playing Karate and two other times playing Soccer
- I’m obsessed with skincare! I know an astonishing amount about
getting and keeping clear skin. Expect a post on it soon ;)
- Phillip Pullman’s “The Golden Compass” is one of my favorite books. I read it every year and always find something new.
- I was born and raised in Hawaii.
- I really love BBC miniseries’– Downton Abbey, Call the Midwives, and Inspector Lewis all have a featured spot on my TV!
- My favorite foods are apples and sweet potatoes.
- I’m a huge coffee & tea drinker, but I only drink decaf. Caffeine makes me terribly jittery!
11 Questions by Ana
1- Who’s the person who inspires you the most?
I’d have to say my mom, as cliche as that might be. She’s so talented, kind, and creative. And she’s always there for me :)
2- Which record was the first one you’ve bought?
Hmm, probably the Beatles. I remember hearing “Here Comes the Sun” in the Parent Trap and falling in love with them.
3- What’s your favourite thing about having a blog?
Oh my goodness, so many good things have happened so far! I suppose all the interesting people I’ve gotten to know through blogging.
4- Is there anything in particular about you (something you like or do) that people find unexpected?
People are usually surprised by how many food allergies I have! Some people are lucky that way, haha.
5- What’s the best gig you’ve ever been to?
Such a hard question! I saw so many great bands last year when I was in Europe. Maybe the MS MR show at the coolest little bar in Shoreditch. It took us about a half an hour wandering around in the rain before we found anyone who knew where it was!
6- What’s your favourite track at the moment?
Another hard question! I don’t think I can name any one…
7- What’s your earliest memory?
I remember my parents taking me to the beach for the first time and me refusing to walk in the sand. Every time they tried to put me down I would raise up my legs to avoid touching it!
8- Have you ever met any of your idols? If yes, who was it?
Not yet! But I have high hopes :)
9- John, Paul George or Ringo? Mick, Keith, Brian, Charlie, Bill or Ronnie?
Ringo! He’s so unappreciated and I do have a bit of a soft spot for drummers! But I am going to have to say Mick– something about those lips!
10- Is there a song, film or book that you can related? Which one?
As I mentioned earlier, “The Golden Compass” by Phillip Pullman. Lyra is such a strong heroine who manages to deal with whatever life throws her. Definitely an inspiration growing up.
11- What was the last dream you’ve achieved?
Traveling to the other side of the world and knowing no one!
Pass it Along
I’d like to nominate Deniz from Photostorming, Kristian from Never Fully Dressed Without a Style (once she gets back from her Paris vacation, of course!), Amie from Credit Crunch Chic, Elena from Room 334, Jamie Rose from Petite Panopaly, Sara from Sincerely Sara, Marlen from Messages on a Napkin, and anyone else who reads this! I love finding out more about my favorite bloggers. Be sure to leave a link to your blog in the comments– I’d love to read it!
Here are my 11 questions for you:
- What is your number one travel destination?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- What’s your favorite season?
- Do you have an item of clothing that has a special memory attached to it? What is it?
- What’s the most recent thing you’ve bought? It can be anything from a ballpoint pen to a purse!
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- What’s your secret talent?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- What’s your favorite flower?
I can’t wait to see your answers! xx Emma